Vic. firstly thank you so much for your time and being able to...

1. 8,917 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    Vic. firstly thank you so much for your time and being able to assist a novice. The explanation regarding 'power' now make a lot more sense.

One last (hopefully) question that you may be able to assist with.
    The dudes at the FDA required a trial size of about 1000 for an 80% power (I believe this is designed to produce a P value ~ 0.01).
    Due to the trail design the initial 600 patient trial was completed 2 years ago, and the remaining 400 will have data in around 2016/7. Unusual it may be, but the FDA have allowed the pooling of the 3 trails to obtain the OS data.

Assuming for one minute that the toatl of 1000 will be successful and yield a P value of ~0.01.

If the initial data from the 600, showed an OS of > 4 months, what sort of P value would this yield?

I can't get it out of my head that if the data from the initial 600 is good enough then a claim of success in OS could be achievable. It probably is not that good, but I'd like to get a view on what it would have to be, to be considered an overall success.

As background they have released a progression free survival of 8 month over standard of care and as 90% die from liver mets, it is reasonable to assume a significant OS benefit will occur. The early small trails showed very large increases in OS - almost too good to be true.

Any comment you are able to make is appreciated - even if it is that I'm one crazy person

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.