RNE 11.1% 0.4¢ renu energy limited

steam drillers, page-34

1. 5,428 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    geojac,

For what it's worth, I did write the words in my signature lines. I've just spent two weeks in Siberia for a few less well considered words and "DYOR" was getting a bit lame.

Your words about the nuclear bomb are interesting because nuclear proliferation is the one massive and undeniable risk factor associated with most forms of nuclear power. High level waste from uranium fueled reactors always contains plutonium and this plutonium presents a proliferation hazard for literally thousands of years. (Some say 125.000 years since this is the time needed for PU139 to decay to negligible levels)

There is no plutonium produced by GDY drilling holes 4km into Central Australia and releasing the stored heat. Weigh for weight, the geothermal brines are almost certainly less radioactive than the average banana. Describing geothermal as "green nuclear" is misleading. The original source of the thermal energy has absolutely no relevance in terms of its extraction and use. We do not need "green nuclear" misinformation when the HFR concept needs to be adopted as a national strategy if we want to get serious about green energy and reduce our emissions of CO2 to pre industrial levels.

HFR has the potential to replace every single coal fired power station in Australia. There is space in the Cooper Basin for literally thousands of 50MW power modules and DC powerlines could carry that power all over the country. With appropriate transport infrastructure, many power hungry industries could relocate to the Cooper basin. For example, every gram of aluminium we produce in this country could be made there with zero carbon emissions.

GDY's current proof of concept demonstration has the potential to change the way power is generated for the whole of Australia. HFR needs to be promoted for what it is; clean, green and spectacularly abundant.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
-0.001(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $2.904M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $102 20.62K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
30 11076670 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 2512320 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.34pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RNE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.