OCC 1.16% 42.5¢ orthocell limited

Stem Cell Therapy advancements, page-376

1. 7,655 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6934

Most companies will discuss such things in confidence. Its only idiot CEO's like Musk with hubris who talk up their deals before hand so they can pay through the roof for their acquisitions and partnerships, to they and their shareholders' detriment. That OCC secured a deal with a global market leader like Bio Horizons the surprise, not that it came out of the blue. Surely? Most partnerships and acquisitions should, if management has exercised due confidentiality in discussions, particularly with reference to securities laws.

Vericel and others will not be entirely uninterested if J&J do not pursue (and until they formally say no, I would not discount). We have no idea of the caveats put on the trial collaboration by J&J. J&J will absolutely have written in a first rights clause given they funded, expiry on which we don't know, and probably whilst continuing management can do nothing more than quote the data and assert their intentions to pursue a phase III trial (with or without J&J) - I have said before, OCC kind of own the data, J&J the particular trial, if you will.

OCC are probably limited by the contract of the collaboration. Funnily enough this morning I see Fate Therapeutics and J&J have just announced they've discontinued their partnership in the US. They appear to have failed to be unable to agree terms. These big Pharma's are in the position of power and put quite onerous stipulations on partnerships/collaborations. You may see that a a positive or negative sign for OCC with J&J. Personally I see J&J's success with its 'low hanging fruit' autologous CAR T-cell therapy success, probably not un-incidental in negotiations for that expensive IPSC route with Fate and Ortho ATI's parallels with that simpler autologous cellular treatment positive.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OCC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.