GGE 0.00% 0.4¢ grand gulf energy limited

step aside ctp...gge is in town, page-9

1. 2,647 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 281
    Was this really necessary? Or accurate? (without jumping to conclusions)

Disclaimer: I hold CTP, before my head is bitten off. But I feel I have the right to voice my opinions.

GGE has just fallen a long way (longer than CTP might I add) on bad news, and has recovered to within roughly 15% of the SP a few days ago- on a totally unrelated announcement containing positive news for the company.

In recent weeks, CTP on the other hand has risen 250% due to very promising oil flows in a wildcat well. However unfortunately today, it was announced that the oil didn't flow to the surface (after a short testing delay) and has since taken the 25% hit that it experienced today.

Quite polar-opposite scenarios, in my opinion. One is bouncing off a low with positive news, the other is bouncing of a very substantial high with not-so positive news.

Additionally CTP's well (Johnstone West-1), is situated in Central Australia, where CTP owns an absolutely monstrous portfolio of land there, hence a success in the FIRST wildcat well could have been (and still can be) a fantastic new oil province in Australia. Hence the weight/expectations on JW-1's shoulder was really very big.

That isn't me advertising/promoting another stock, that is me simple saying they are very, very different scenarios and that it was quite shameful in my opinion to use statements such as:

"we have oil that flows, they have oil that flo...oh wait, it didn't flow for CTP....bugger".

Although CTP holders are notorious for being ever-so optimistic about future prospects (I should know, I'm one of them), I don't think they (or at least I'd hope not) would use another companies' loss as their gain- through promotion.

Comparing similar companies (like AUT to AZZ, or even GGE and CTP if you wish) is definitely healthy and in fact highly encouraged if you're investing, however I'm sure your post could have been approached in a different way.

Back on topic, I hope GGE really thrives, as the shareholders have been put through some unfortunate news with the recent blow-out, especially on such an encouraging well!

Good luck and I hope GGE holders get rewarded for their unfortunate luck and patience (for long-term holders).

SJ.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GGE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.