LOM 6.67% 5.6¢ lucapa diamond company limited

Stephen Wetherall, page-34

1. 141 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 36
    Subconscious could be affecting current share price - eg willingness of existing & possible shareholders to acquire this run of selling which several posters say is 1 party.
    1). Respect to Angolan Ministers at ADU is sensible but as time passes and Government (with GDP decline at present & oil revenue concerns) issues two more diamond licences (Sodiam said some 12 diamond companies made up the US$1.2b of Angolan diamonds exported for the year) could fear LOM is less “loved - relative importance” and a hard working President could be getting tired or fear burned out - pulling so much into line. Court action & politics / political change needs intense concentration.

2). Why does Lulo need US$12m more mobile plant - hopefully I recall this wrongly eg some of that amount is something similar but different. Investors deep down do a rough calculation for ROA Return On Assets employed. More assets engaged “used” & less gross profit margin as Lucara recent financials seem to indicate revenue is down about 30% per carat with all sizes & grades impacted to varying degrees. Lucapa pricing can be checked but its thought of as the same overall diamond buyer/consumer marketplace.

These types of subtle factors that drive a gut feel - weight of evidence, direction etc seem to currently have share price so low eg 13.5c vs about a fortnight ago 15.5c... when it should be +2c not -2c on giving higher weighting to some normally high ranking info.

Point 1: Just now read IMF US$130m + French banks US$100m to assist Angolan agriculture initiative/expansion / development from Nov-2019...this type of news is what should make Angolan Treasury happier. Then also read more oil tenements offshore to be sold - they usually would be big dollar values even if not cashup front but on discounted future revenue streams.

Point 2: If we are servicing & not destroying out mobile plant & we have a decade of work ahead of us then all the gear will be well used over time. I recall three local tribes by Lulo - perhaps each wants their top men in nicest machine & we do not want petty disputes imo. I recall a Maori Chief who drove the best tractor on the island, he sort of worked the field about 1-1.5 days per week & NOBODY else was permitted to drive it, but they loved it when he would drive them - let them tag along... crew did say 90% work with two inferior tractors operating slower & harder (on engine / mechanical parts) running about 12 hours most days & it did NOT change for 3 years until the Chief decided he then found some other seat (in a different brand new machine - bit different colour) more comfortable to drive around in. That’s just life - different from place to place, they were happy & really when bad storms came Chief’s tractor was alway operational. I guess Lulo is well prepared for Rainy Season which may be on nobody’s mind when a drought hurts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.6¢
Change
-0.004(6.67%)
Mkt cap ! $16.24M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.6¢ 6.6¢ 5.5¢ $47.36K 820.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 280076 5.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.9¢ 116300 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LOM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.