XJO 0.50% 7,971.1 s&p/asx 200

It is now apparent going by my open profits that shorting the...

1. 447 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 278
    It is now apparent going by my open profits that shorting the XJO is not as profitable compared to going long individual stocks while the macro (overseas) markets are so bullish. The full-time Twitter traders I follow rarely mention trading the index. Instead they trade long the likes of BIG_BKL_BLA_BWX_CIM_A2M_BAL_CGC_QAN, among many others.

I've sold half my BBOZ short position. Currently waiting for a retracement to sell the other half. Meanwhile my long portfolio of stocks is going gangbusters, which is to be expected given the XJO recently broke trading band resistance.

When a bona fide macro bear market does eventually arrive, the profits on XJO short positions (CFDs or ETFs) are extreme. I was averaging $6,000 a day for weeks when the XJO was trending down. In these strong trending environments, it is detrimental to count coin. Instead, just look at the momentum lines on a chart, otherwise counting coin makes you so nervous that you prematurely exit a profitable short trade. But that time has not yet arrived.

(ALQ_ALU_A2M_BAL_BBOZ_BKL_CWY_EVN_ILU_LYC_SDF)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.