steve keen an expert?

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    From Wikepedia.

"An expert is someone widely recognized as a reliable source of technique or skill whose faculty for judging or deciding rightly, justly, or wisely is accorded authority and status by their peers or the public in a specific well-distinguished domain."

How on earth does Steve Keen continue to get so much media attention? I know the property bears eat up his stories and the bulls discard what he says. But, it annoys me how this bloke gets promoted in the media. I suppose it is sensationalism and it sells papers, but this bloke doesn't deserve to be called an expert. All i can put it down to is this bloke must have a big ego and loves seeing his name in the paper. If i were continually proved wrong, I would be a little embarrassed to keep putting myself into the media. Surely, if he is a decent bloke, he must have plenty of mates giving it to him on a daily basis. After all, that's what mates are for :)

I love playing poker and play it daily. If I can rattle of stats, percentages etc, but am a losing player, does that make me an expert?

PS. Obviously, i hold property. And if i didn't his media exposure would still annoy me.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.