Hi JellinI agree with your points about him being an expert and...

1. 937 Posts.
    Hi Jellin

I agree with your points about him being an expert and the qualities of an expert.

I agree with the first 2 points at the end of your post (income and density) and the last point that negative gearing and 1st home owner support, whether we like it or not are part of the property mosaic and I expect will be for a long, long time.

Having said the above, many of the arguments put forward by property supporters are just as valid.

I see the situation as not trying to say who is 'right 'or 'wrong '- rather, putting it all together and weighting it the best we can and then make a decision.

I can easily say that Steve Keen makes sense, property prices are high by many standards, the government supports the sector, appreciate the 'unique 'aspects of the Aussie landscape, etc - put it all together and make some pretty good decisions that move my family forward.

A good debate for me is where you can actually accept some points / views of the other party but put it all together and come out with different decisions.

I don't agree with his conclusions but I can accept that he is an expert and take some of what he says and put it in the 'mix 'yet come up with a much different outcome.

To say he is not an expert does not seem terribly right. He knows more about the economic climate than I will ever know - fortunately for me I know more (to date) than him about the best financial decisions for me.

all the best

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.