steven hawking: i was wrong !!!, page-3

1. 749 Posts.
    Thanks for the post, Gyro. I must admit I love all this cosmological postulating.

I went to a most interesting lecture in Melbourne by an expert in the field of "black holes" last year in which he theorized "off the record" (since he said he would be ridiculed by colleagues for asserting same in a professional forum) that far from observing black holes from the outside, time lapse photography of material observed disappearing into one of these phenomena in the Milky Way could most likely be adequately explained only if our glimpse of the universe was obtained from INSIDE the static core of a black hole itself. Bizarre, eh!

I won't go into the elaborate logic behind such a seemingly outlandish assertion but I remember finding it utterly compelling at the time. Of course it would dovetail neatly with the theory that "no matter in the universe is ever lost" and - as discussed by the astronomer I listened to - holds open the very real possibility of time travel at some point in the future. Then again, maybe we have to wait for someone from the future to come back and provide us with the blueprint first, lol.

Cheers,

Gupper

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.