SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

Steven Xiao back Down Under !, page-39

1. 10,494 Posts.
    Hi Dugsab, I wasn't able the read the following last week.

I am shocked to read that Xiao is also seeking asylum from China and the mention of his family being threatened.

All in all, I sense something could happen this side of X'mas.

In a nutshell, (assuming China is the one) I think China would want many months to sit between any conslusion of a deal with Sundance (at whatever level) and Xiao facing the courts.

Think the HK government - a mainland puppet is trying very hard to stall (but NOT refusing to surrender Xiao - given it is ASIC's worst high-profile case in Australia) after the HK judiciary approved the extradition  (why ?)

If HK government refuses to hand over Xiao, then it would badly tarnished HK governement as doing Beijing's bidding  (not to mention throwing the extradition treaty between Oz and HK into question).

4 months after Liu Han was sentenenced to death, the Chinese still wants very much to keep him around (why ?)

...."According to the ASIC, the decision clearing the way for Mr Xiao’s deportation was made in July by the Hong Kong Eastern Magistrates Court, but ASIC and the AFP are still awaiting a final decision by the Hong Kong SAR government to deliver Mr Xiao to Australian authorities. “It is now a matter for the government of Hong Kong SAR to determine whether to surrender Mr Xiao to Australia ... the matter remains before Hong Kong authorities,” an ASIC spokesman said. Mr Xiao’s lawyer had previously indicated the process could take years given his asylum claim, but with the Hong Kong court making clear Mr Xiao should face charges, pressure is likely to mount diplomatically on officials to make a decision. Mr Xiao fled to China from Australia in 2011 while still under investigation for what ASIC has called Australia’s biggest ever insider trading investigation".....

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...iaos-extradition/story-e6frg8zx-1227060756094

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...tive-wanted-in-australia-seeks-hk-asylum.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.