CCC 0.00% 0.1¢ continental coal limited

This is being debated by the ANC - and was only a recommendation...

1. 2,681 Posts.
    This is being debated by the ANC - and was only a recommendation by the commissioned study which was published earlier this year (rejecting nationalisation). I think the ANC would be mad to introduce a MRRT now, as they are still struggling to attract o/s investment into SA, and the mining industry there has suffered as a consequence.

Susan Shabangu the Mines Minister has also emphatically rejected the idea of a MRRT in the past - and even said the Australian government was crazy for introducing it, when she came here in late 2010. Read the second article below as well -

Here are some articles from earlier this year:

South Africa vetos new mining tax, nationalisation

South Africa minister brushes off mine tax worries

Shabangu, referring to the suggestions of a MRRT: "For me as a minister, we cannot come up with a process which will stifle and kill the industry," Shabangu told Reuters. "We must come up with a regime which will allow us to compete in an advantageous way as South Africa."

--

A final decision on new policies will be taken at the 100-year-old party’s national conference in December, when a new leadership will also be elected.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.