BSL 1.05% $22.12 bluescope steel limited

Just to clarify sick leave. After your 4 single day 'freebies',...

1. 12,085 Posts.
    Just to clarify sick leave. After your 4 single day 'freebies', which I forgot to add, the first two were no cert, the second two required a State Declaration, if you had no cert from there on you didn't get paid. Also sick leave was capped to accrue maximum 110 days, shift luck if you were a 'vintage' employee who never took sickies. And if you left you lost what you left behind.
    A few years ago they tried to curb sickies. If you didn't take X amount you could cash in half that you had left to a maximum of X amount. Obviously this only benefit those who took no or minimum sickies as the 'offenders' had none to cash in lol
    Needless to say, that scheme was axed. Then they tried that if you took X in a quarter you got so much bonus dimishing the amount for the more you took, that worked. Also a 1% retention bonus if stayed employed(they had trouble keeping experienced workers). The days of Smorgon ownership caused ingrained angst among workers. Many left. Plus, the wage was very very ordinary. I have skills not easily come across operating production machinery, and I mean we were into advanced cutting, not home handyman processing.

Sorry to bore you but whatever BSL paid me, they owed me more.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BSL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.