VAN 0.00% 4.7¢ vango mining limited

Springkaan, with all due respect, if people are worried about...

1. 1,866 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    Springkaan, with all due respect, if people are worried about the share price due to the macro-environment, its perfectly valid. At the moment the state of the world economy is uncertain. While some risks are dissipating others are emerging, and I am seeing the market over-react to some things and ignore other things. ORDs/SARCOs commodity is, in the current state, a contrarian play. Alumina/Aluminium is forecast to be one of the worst performing commodities over the next 3-years by most major commentators (I'll send out the material today folks). This is just one of the reasons why ORD is a long-term investment.

I am a huge supporter of management and the potential that ORD has to bring a very large project to fruition. The company has it all - the right people, the right connections, the right assests. This all adds confidence. However we musnt be too confident and get carried away with the story. There are risks (from a project perspective) that need to be resolved and/or mitigated. I am just delivering this as an example, but ORD/SARCO is operating in a country which is by no means 'transparent'. I've spent significant time in the region and there is a certain way of doing business, especially in LAO/LAOS. The Chinese are becoming of increasing importance and today there is a symbiotic relationship; The Chinese provide for jobs, funding, a socio-economic assistance..and from that they influence government. Its becoming increasingly evident that to succeed or maintain a level of power/status as a Laotian-born resident, you must maintain a relationship with the hands that feed you.

Some of the risks that I have on my books that need resolving are the following:
    - DFS (project economics)
    - IPO date (looking later and later in 2012)
    - Licences (convert to mining as opposed to exploration)
    - Approval on application for additional tenements
    - Govt approval on transfer of licences (SARCO/CLACO is operating 'under the radar' in my opinion).
    - Infrastructure requirements (should be in the DFS)
    - Environmental approvals (Bolaven Plateau is a beautiful national park)

In view of the above and the upcoming JORC upgrade for Yuqida, I encourage ORD holders to read the following. Its an old (2009) document but still relevant to the challenges AND potential of the project. Not everyone will consider it interesting but I personally consider it MANDATORY reading. It can be found here:

http://www.boell-cambodia.org/downloads/in_search_of_aluminum_RP.pdf

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VAN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.