GSL 0.00% 17.0¢ greatcell solar limited

still no mention of dyesol and corus

1. 4,373 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2713
    In an effort to spread only substantiated rumours... :) ....

Michael Grtzel, the Swiss gee whizz who invented dye solar cells, got a profile article in last Sunday's edition of the UK's The Observer newspaper. Great for Dyesol you would think: any publicity is good publicity, yes?

And I remind you that the good prof is still listed as the chairman of Dyesol's Technology Advisory Board.

So surely he would have managed to name drop Dyesol and Corus? Actually no but he did give a plug for the Japanese outfit, Fujikura, as a producer of these cells. Excuse my ignorance but who are Fujikara and what type of use are they making of the cells they produce?

Yes Prof Graetzel (as we spell it in Awwwstralah) did mention that "mass production [of the cells] has started" but apparently he did not think to say who was doing the hard yards towards mass producing.

And when does Prof Graetzel think that these unnamed manufacturers will get their act together?

"we have to be sure about the product quality and stability, production on a large scale and this will take some time. We're talking about 40 years from now, or even longer, but we have to start early."

40 years??? I'm giving Dyesol less than 40 days to show that they are a proposition as an investment.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2010/jul/04/michael-gratzel-bright-idea-energy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.