ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

imho, the issue is not so much whether Hitachi and/or Toyo will...

1. 8,548 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2816
    imho, the issue is not so much whether Hitachi and/or Toyo will purchase LNG, but their actual involvement in the project.
    - the very broad issues seem to be:
    - upstream exploration, development & production,
    - pipeline
    - LNG plant construction & ownership
    - equity for each of above
    - and lastlet customers

in my opinion, the beauty of having Hitcahi and Toyo involved, is that not only do they have proven experience and the capital to back up any LNG plant construction, but that they would be very well respected in their profession in Japan.
    I think Japan is about the largest importer of LNG in the world.

So the important thing, is that Hitachi/Toyo will be absolutely invaluable in providing comfort to any other japanese involvement of other japanese parties.

Before ESG gives the FID to NLNG, ESG would want to have take-off agreemenmts (GSA) executed.
    before any GSA are signed, the customers would want to ensure that the project is feasible, viable, and will in fact be completed on time.
    Thats where the Hitachi/Toyo involvement is so important.

H/T will be able to give comfort to a Japanese party who is considering a GSA, or providing equity to the LNG plant, or even to any upstream investment.

it seems to me to be even more relevant lately, given the propensity for LNG customers to routinely now insist on equity involvement as part of their GSA commitment.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.