STO 2.24% $7.86 santos limited

STO closest to the pin, page-14

1. 7,515 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 337
    Because the sp was already discounted because of:

a. Pricing in a possible CR (its here so no longer an unknown)
    b. A possible Credit downgrade from S&P (No longer an issue)
    c. Shorters taking advantage of both of the above.

The only other consideration is the poo and we know they are very aggressively cutting costs and the new Scottish CEO who was touted to lead Woodside will bring an even sharper focus to bringing down costs.
    Dilution cannot be properly calculated on an already discounted sp - where should it have been is the real question before calculating dilution and though some non holders are playing with these numbers as though its all set in concrete the reality is no-one knows. Probably why the name of this thread is "closest to the pin" its a guessing game and nothing more.

Smarter and more informed heads than ours have valued it post - dilution at $5.71 a share and I see no reason to argue with that - and unlike like some non-holders posting on companies on HotCopper - bigger fish have put their money down - no guessing for them..

Again shorters will be the unknown for Thursday - they are going to need to unwind their positions as we have a big boy in the pond who will probably be supporting the sp going forward and I wouldn't like to bet against a big boy who would think anything under $5.71 is CHEAP......

Lots and lots of noise from non-holders which is welcome of course but when its goes on and on you have to ask yourself why are some of them so interested in something they claim is no good..........

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.