BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Stock failure, page-26

1. 989 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 387
    I don’t get the fake outrage some (one?) investor(s) have around items being out of stock from time to time. It’s going to happen. LifX is sold around the globe both online and in stores. Different markets are being added and current ones are growing. It’s not a simple task to make sure every shelf always has a box sitting on it. In a perfect world, there would only ever be one extra item in the warehouse as we also don’t want to overdraw on finance for product or have high warehouse fees, but that’s not realistic. It’s a delicate balance and the needle will tend to swing both ways.
    Also the bulbs are for the most part made in one factory. For all we know an out of stock item could be due to a bottleneck in the factory or late arrival of parts.

on that note, a better indicator would be how fast out of stock items are replenished. If an item sits out of stock for months, that would be a concern. If it’s not available for a matter of days, or weeks, while stock is shuffled around or on the way from China then it’s not a big deal.

In any case, I’m confident the company has it under control. Less than two weeks left in the holiday shopping season. Fingers crossed for a good finish!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.