QRX 0.00% 2.8¢ qrxpharma ltd

And here is one more latest by Dr. KSS on Gumshoe for folks in...

1. 9 Posts.
    And here is one more latest by Dr. KSS on Gumshoe for folks in hotcopper!

"I don't know of any reason either. QRXPY is thinly traded. I think it is mostly being ignored, and will remain so until there is an announcement. My understanding is that though there is a PDUFA date for MoxDuo, there is no ad com scheduled. So when an announcement from the FDA comes it will catch people flat footed. I think some people regard investing in this as some kind of investing in a narcoeconomy. I don't see it that way. The blend of opiates in the ratio at which they are blended will allow lower overall dosing with excellent pain control, and so less risk of abuse and addiction. Last year the FDA gave QRx a CRL on MoxDuo and the company has answered every query via data re-analysis. The FDA mainly wanted clarity in terms of proof of lack of respiratory suppression, lack of hypoxemia. QRx provided that and I have seen it. It appears to be very good or excellent data. This company hired the very best in the business to advise it and do trials. The FDA knows Solomon Snyder very well and respects him deeply.

Margaret Hamburg's action last Sunday, refusing to entertain taking Zohydro off the market was very good, both for the stock and for the US, I feel. I don't find much cause with nanny state mentalities. Opioid abuse and addiction is a big problem, no question, but I feel that what we need is accountability at the level of doctors and patients. The US's big opioid problem is not with prescriptions I feel but with cheap heroin, which some are even snorting. In medicine, there are ALWAYS pendulum swings. 10 years ago, there was a national OBSESSION that doctors were not treating pain adequately. JCAHO called pain the fifth vital sign, and advisors and institutions jumped on the bandwagon, that yes indeed, untreated pain was a national crisis! Those bad doctors were not treating pain. And so doctors liberalized prescribing habits. They once got punished for overprescribing, now they feared underprescribing. Now the pendulum has flopped back, and our national obsession is with overprescribing. Pendulums are just pendulums, bandwagons are just bandwagons. There will always be large number of people that must have opiates acute and or chronically. QRx has come up with a way to provide better relief with a significantly lower dose. The drugs are not exciting...just morphine and oxycodone, but I read enough studies, seemingly not ones the company knows about, regarding the differential actions of these, and how they feedback to create tolerance, to regard what QRx has done as very fine science. Lower dose, better relief, less likelihood of drug tolerance. I would say, of course, that I think this is a trading buy. If the drug is approved, people will flock to be in the company acutely. Whether the drug will find favor with insurers and doctors is another matter, and about that aspect of this I don't have a clear sense yet."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QRX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.