BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

I do share your disappointment @McKhenry. Like so many others, I...

1. 2,812 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1923
    I do share your disappointment @McKhenry. Like so many others, I had been hopeful of a 10,000 ohm whale landing at some point in 2018/19. I didn't want to sell in the $0.30s --- as I believed in what was demonstrated at the launches and I also believed what the on stage speakers from Digicel, Ingram micro, Australian/nz councils, Rizon, Pangea and Dicker data had to say and that they had a lot of credibility with their understanding the energy monitoring and control market.
    Dave has to take a lion share of the blame but so too do the resellers and distributors. Ingram micro is quoted as saying " we wont take on a product we cant sell 10,000 of." Of course DM is going to tell the market that they think that. He is a CEO! Now that might still happen, but not in the previous format of OHM. As the worlds largest IoT reseller they should have known that. So too Dicker data CEO. He was singing the praises of OHM. DDR share price is roofing so he must know his job well. BUT all this is water under the bridge and a learning lesson.

All we can do from here is reassess. Questions I ask. Firstly, this is still a start up. Is xero still a $8.5b startup , given it still loses money, UBER is a $100b startup ? Next Question is---BUD at $99m market cap for a coy with $70m-100m revenue and profitability a fair market cap?? ( $110m EV approx ). Then there is OHM and the cloud. IMHO Travis is doing the right thing with his focus in UK and Europe and the auditing and regulator requirements. This is where the greatest environmental issues are a government priority. Not high on Trump or Scomo list at the moment. The airstream business can expand significantly. This is more about conveniences than environmental. Thats BUD and my lesson. I thought corporates are more environmental aware/concerned than they are and that if it cost the bottom line to be green, most aren't interested.!! AT THIS STAGE! I still believe that will change.
    The whales remain in play, which is a good sign. Ie, I see that to mean, the hotels like the bud team and the direction they are heading but still aren't there yet, so we will continue to talk.

Like you I love lifx. I love that Sequoia are a major shareholder and their track record of picking winners. The lighting market is a trillion dollars globally. LIfx in 6 years have sold 2m smart lights. And just missed profitability. The set up costs ( instals, videos, shelving etc) at best buy, jb hi fi, bunnings, home depo etc don't have to be incurred again this year ( unless they continue expansion in other parts of the store and other stores). R& D costs should be a lot lower as they have a great range that has been fine tuned over the past few years. Security wifi issues have been addressed ( Cheap options in smart light space will have these issues) This is such a great time for BUD to be buying lifx. IHMO lifx isn't just hardware but I am happy the bud team are focused on selling as many lights as possible to get to profitability, before they expand the business in the sensory side of the market. In the next few years people will become more comfortable with IoT information processing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.