kingy, I read, HC from around 1999, I finally joined after 2005...

1. 17,117 Posts.
    kingy,
    I read, HC from around 1999, I finally joined after 2005 from memory.

you should have heard the hero's on here then....I think the posts are still there...

that was the period leading up to the 'tech wreck' crash of 1999
    the hero's on the property forum were saying if the stock market crashed, then so too would the housing market...

I think it was stocko and miles , (names that spring to mind ) plus many others that, bragged they had sold their houses, and would sit and wait for the inevitable crash, that was sure to take place.

I on the other hand, read the market vastly different, the exact opposite to what was being promoted, just as heatedly on this site, as it is today.

I TOOK THE CONTRARIAN VIEW, THE EXACT OPPOSITE JUST LIKE TODAY. THE SHEEP DONT RULE. SHEEP ONLY FOLLOW.

Being a conservative, and cautious investor at heart, I went looking at property. And boy did I find a stack of bargains.
    I have given my experiences on here many times.
    But dont take my word for it. There are numerous stats and figures to prove the facts, that housing has been a stunning investment, for those invested in the past 12 years now.
    But it will all change now, they scream.

Blah blah blah, I have also given experiences of a house purchased in 1940, compared to its value today.

this post is about residential property

the sheep will not want to know, about the stunning results
    obtained with commercial property
    but that is another story....they will not want to hear.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.