BPT 0.99% $1.54 beach energy limited

Slightly of price topic I thought I might just slip this in to...

1. 4,864 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 303
    Slightly of price topic I thought I might just slip this in to see what people think. in the context of takeover talk and the possibility that SGH would take us over and some even questioning why SGH has't taken us over I would offer the following:

KS invested in BPT and DLS right around the time of the merger in 2015. He paid circa $1.20. If memory serves the SP did go lower than $1.20 because I seem to remember thinking I wonder if KS is happy with his investment.

Here's the rub the price went to circa $2.90 and from a pure business perspective you would have thought that SGH would have cut and run with 2.5x his investment which was many millions of $$$. But he didn't. Why.

Now SGH are back where they started $1.20.

The outlier in all this was Covid something no one no matter how smart they were could account for. Again from a pure business perspective if you thought O&G was a bad thing you may have started selling in to the last run up to $1.70. I know that may have had an opposite affect resulting in an even lower SP but if you take an objective stance you would cut and run and take a small profit or minimise losses. But they didn't Why?

I just wonder if KS is taking a long term approach knowing where the POO and gas is going. Furthermore, thinking out aloud here, maybe he is happy for the status quo as far as holding goes because if SGH was to take over then they would be responsible for the company and that would bring a cultural shift which might have a deleterious effect on the operation. In other words you are not an O&G man so stick to your knitting invest in but don't interfere in sectors you know nothing about.

One other point - the fact that SGH are a major shareholder it provides interference to those suitors who think they may take us over as some on. here have speculated. In other words you would have to come up with a pretty good offer to impress KS.

Sure SGH is on the board but are probably being more observer and supporter than decision maker. If iI was invested to that degree
    I too would want to watch where my money was going.

I would be interested to hear people's thoughts.

Cheers
    BW

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.54
Change
0.015(0.99%)
Mkt cap ! $3.501B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.51 $1.55 $1.50 $10.73M 7.023M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 25391 $1.53

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.54 39714 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.