LYC 1.32% $6.90 lynas rare earths limited

Stock price, page-449

1. 6,249 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1044
    Yes.

That said, I really don't need to conjure up a squeeze to rationalize my recent buying; I have previously stated my other reasons for my improved sentiment and renewed build.

About 80% of the current shorts are underwater I figure. 80% of shorts sold since LYC was closer to $AUD6. So you know they are nervy and the money in this sector has historically run hot and it is still the ASX, even if it is the ASX100. That's part of my logic.

MP Materials short interest is over 20% so on that basis my expectations are muted. That said, the vast differences between MP and LYC suggest either MP's shorts ought to be higher still or LYC's lower yet - I'm thinking the latter. That's part of my logic.

What needs to happen? Beyond a quiet God, I'd say REE prices continuing to improve and Lynas continuing to execute on Lynas 2025 will be enough to bring back the buyers and force the cover, but a surprise bit of good-enough news on the 28th (AR date, yes?) might be an accelerant. The trend is our friend and I like both REE and LYC price trends atm and as I said the money is hot.

Watching volumes across all markets atm.

Last edited by Chemist1959: Today, 05:10

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.90
Change
0.090(1.32%)
Mkt cap ! $6.449B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.94 $6.95 $6.79 $17.23M 2.502M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 20 $6.88

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.90 970 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.