LYC 1.30% $7.61 lynas rare earths limited

I wounder what you think Lynas would be worth, In a M&A...

1. 7,651 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 509
    I wounder what you think Lynas would be worth, In a M&A situations. Lynas Book value is 2.245 B See page 62 of AR last item in Finacial Position. As always the last line is the most important That is 2.40 a share. Any price above that is good will. Lynas Market cap today is 6.78 B which means there is a 4.5B discrepancy between book and market cap that would have to be good will. Banks will not consider Good will in financing since it has no value that can be sold. Stock holders do not like it because it means the company over paid for something in the past.

MP figures are. book value 1.10 B Market Cap 2.35 B.

In summery Price / book share. Lynas 3.03 MP 2..12.

Any one that understands M&A activity and how things are valued can see stock holders in both companies will take a hit and Lynas holders will do worse. This would never receive the votes needed from either set of stock holders. I can't picture any third party contributing the money needed $5.6B Which is what would be needed to keep stock holders even with todays market prices. Google and read about what goes into valuating a M&A. Be very careful what you wish for you may just get it and find out you do not like it at all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.61
Change
-0.100(1.30%)
Mkt cap ! $7.113B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.65 $7.65 $7.49 $13.50M 1.778M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 10000 $7.57

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.61 6808 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.