LYC 0.78% $7.76 lynas rare earths limited

Totally agree that the losses for shorters is great. Could you...

1. 7,640 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 509
    Totally agree that the losses for shorters is great. Could you explain if the shorters decide to buy to recover what the effect will be on SP after a week or two? Remember most shorters short shares that come from investment bankers like JPM and SS. When Shares are retuned they no longer Receive a fee. With a PE now over 80 theses Banks see very high risk and will sell quickly. Conclusion for me is shorter buys to cover -1 share. Bank sell the share +1 so no effect after a very short period of time.
    Dow 30 PE 33 all of these stocks have dividends which always raise prices
    S&P 500 PE 30 many have dividends.
    Nasdaq PE 42. Median 24 average 29 https://fullratio.com/stocks/nasdaq-ndaq/pe-ratio
    Many of these PEs have soared in last year the biggest was Nasdaq, 42 % Which always results in trouble.
    Lynas PE 86. It has also sored it was in the 2023 AR PG 57 at bottom. SP June 30 6.91 / .34 EPS = PE 20

You said I like to keep the rear view mirror in mind. I do as well but I use data Earnings, Earnings have been relevant for the over 200 years we have had stock markets. You do not think so tell me why with some sort of data. For example a PE of 86 Lynas is earning 1/ 86 = 1.12 % on its stock price per year. You can beat that with a passbook account at most US banks. How much longer will People ignore that Lynas profits above zero but compared with MC they are effectively zero. Even US treasury bound are paying 3.5 X what Lynas is earning. Right now it is starting to look like 2025 SAR X 2 will have about the Same EPS as 2024 AR. Even if the make 4.5 KT ( 9KT yearly run rate) for the half which I doubt but time will tell. 3 week from now we will have the real number for Q1 and that will say a lot.

Take a look at my post #: 75888607 think about the charts and what is happening then tell me why you still have a BUY on Lynas. I have asked you this many times and you have never explained. No one with a Buy has ever explained. My Sell is simple based on present and next 6 months EPS does not justify even a $3.00 SP by traditional metrics.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.