4DS 6.10% 8.7¢ 4ds memory limited

My take on last night in Perth.Standard pay for spruike night....

1. 799 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 152
    My take on last night in Perth.

Standard pay for spruike night. About 100 there . Presentations by half dozen small caps. Free drinks and nibbles. Stand up cocktail style. Shitty microphone. Tricky to hear unless in first few rows. MC asking questions of each company. 10 minutes each and a couple of questions from the floor.

It's interesting. 4DS’s problem is communications or comms. (PR in the old jargon) . I’ve been an ancillary player in this field for decades. They have 2 reasons for comms. For simplicity I will call one internal and one external. The external is to the final potential buyer - The big names - Microsoft, Meta, Nvidia, TSMC etc. Once the final bake is cooked that's an easy comms. Technical of the techiest order white paper signed off by IMEC. Those companies will "get" what we have.

The internal comms is the issue. Internal is 1. Current shareholders and 2. potential new shareholders. THE goal of this type of comms is to get the market cap up to a reasonable base level for a negotiation to spring off. To do that they need retail to get buzzed. Not all shareholders understands what they are trying to achieve and they are not explaining it clearly enough. There is a classic comms fable of the fictitious barber who opened up a shop with 5 barbers next to the shop with one barber. The sign above the shop didn't say "5 barbers inside" The sign said "No waiting". You don't sell features - you sell benefits. 4DS need retail to "understand". However there was a glimmer of comms hope last night. DM did his best with a good tech spiel - no one heard - shitty mic and sound of glasses etc. Then Digby had a crack and he said something they should be distilling down and repeating over and over and over. It has the buzzwords required for retail. - AI is coming. The data and power demand will grow exponentially creating huge bottlenecks. ( He mentioned one of Nvidia's new chips can only use 25% of it's capacity due to these bottle necks.) 4DS solves this problem.

My clumsy comms analogy is - AI is a fire hose that is getting wider and more powerful daily. If coupled to a garden hose called DRam the flow blocks up. 4DS technology softens the garden hose infinitely to accomodate the future expansion of the fire hose . And btw we reduce the power the fire hose requires by X%.

For retail - forget talking 20nm, forget the difference between NAND and DRAM, forget filaments, areas and speed.

Simplify simplify simplify..... Then repeat the message over and over and over......

Tony Abbott was advised well by the pro’s in Comms in 2013. Stick to the message and repeat over and over and over.

“Stop the boats”. 3 words repeated ad nauseam won an election.

That is how you do comms.

Postscript.

Having said the above I think we will be fine at the end of the day as long as the final bake works . The PR firm in the Valley we’ve commissioned looks like they are bang on point in the field, is on the case and starts cranking in a month.

That…is when the hype should come.

Cheers,
    Rusty
    Last edited by RussellB01: 18/04/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.7¢
Change
0.005(6.10%)
Mkt cap ! $153.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.2¢ 8.7¢ 8.2¢ $141.9K 1.709M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5230 8.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.7¢ 117640 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
8.5¢
  Change
0.005 ( 3.66 %)
Open High Low Volume
8.2¢ 8.5¢ 8.2¢ 619854
Last updated 15.20pm 03/05/2024 ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.