stockbroker, page-3

1. 12,085 Posts.
    pwallace

Just my opinion but unless the stockbroker is a financial planner and accountant and has a personal interest in your affairs I fail to see what 'professional' advice they have to offer. Once you buy a stock they don't ring you up to see how you're going, so to say. They ring if they have an agenda to push, like a new stock, something to give themselves a commission.

I'm sure if you rang a broker and asked what you should do about stock X they would say that it depends on your financial position and your goals. Likewise, if you asked a financial planner if you should buy some stocks they would ask you to speak to a stock broker and your accountant. If an accountant was asked if you should continue to hold stock X they would ask you to talk to a stock broker and your financial planner.

It's up to you to determine what your goals are and in what time frame you hope to achieve them. Also, it's important what your trading strategy is. What's your aversion to risk is etc. Do you stop loss or do you ride out dips etc. I personally feel that only you can answer these and anyone else is just guessing, with your money and life!

You say you don't have time to look after them. Do you honestly expect a broker to tentatively look after them for you?

Just my opinion. I'm sure someone will prove me wrong and give an example of the opposite.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.