pwallaceSorry if I sounded drastic towards your situation, it...

1. 12,085 Posts.
    pwallace

Sorry if I sounded drastic towards your situation, it wasn't my intent.

I understand where you're coming from. I dare say most us us wish we had a crystal ball that hinted us when to sell. Others will say we should've hedged. For similar reasons you state, some of us don't have the time to keep up with the, likewise, research involved with hedging. And anyway, it still doesn't solve the issue that we would have long stock to contend with.

In hindsight, the time to get out was Nov 2009, that's when paying back debt issues arose, with Dubai. That should've been the alarm bell. Ever since it's been a week by week proposition. I'm not suggesting that money can't be made but obviously the attention required with a portfolio is paramount and the risk is high(er).

I also understand your concern for the future. You said you are happy with your management so far. Personally, that to me says that you're the person for the job. You've obviously done your best to come this far. It would be irresponsible of me(and illegal) to offer any financial advice as I'm not licenced etc.

I sincerely hope you come to an arrangement ;))

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.