KRR 0.00% 0.9¢ king river resources limited

Stockmarket correction., page-2

1. 868 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    I feel that the current volatility in US markets is not over. Any of a number of "black swans" could trigger another correction.

I only have three stocks all with battery materials and or gold. They were largely unaffected by the recent ructions but that is because two of them are actually producing and starting to make money.

With KRC, which is not producing, I have lightened my position in KRC accordingly, because it is the most vulnerable. I am free-carried in this stock, so that helps too.

As a further protection I buy BBUS, which increase in value when the US S@P 500 goes down. The only drawback with this stock is that you can't trade it at night and take advantage of the wild swings which are currently happening. I made quite a few thousand in the recent correction with this ETF stock anyway. Owning some of these helps me sleep at night. Sometimes I buy BBOZ which increases in value when the ASX200 falls, these are tradeable when the ASX is open.

To sum up, Small gold producers will be relatively safe (or even rise) in a correction. Small stocks with gold etc. only in the ground (like KRC), generally will not. They may represent buying value near the bottom of the correction, however.

All in MHO and DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KRR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.