Wasn't going to bother entering hte thread as it has become so...

1. 23,992 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Wasn't going to bother entering hte thread as it has become so long - and basically we are all 'preaching to the converted' who do understand share trading and investing...

Some great comments though, showing what a spread of personalities we are!

This fact made me wonder - it's a commonly known one that only 5% of traders will succeed, so we can only imagine that the 95% go away and realise they were gambling! They couldn't hack it and didn't have the business plan to stay afloat.

Out of 100 new comers to the stock market 20 will still be in it in 1 year. and 5 will still be in it in 5 years.....

How do the Hot Copper stats stack up?
    How many members that were here 5 years ago are still here today?

How many members have been members for more than 5 years (not terribly relevant as it doesn't project future success)

My theory is that forums such as Hot Copper actually increase our chance of success, by sharing information. We are all constantly learning....

The support network we have here actually helps us to surpass the 5% success rule of the total trading/investing community....that's my 'gamble' and I'll bet you a dollar I'm right!!

We all know it's our business, but must accept that the word gamble can be taken in many ways - so just smile and keep making money!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.