you cant change what you are based on whether you are profitable...

1. 289 Posts.
    you cant change what you are based on whether you are profitable or not, so the line "if you are losing you are a gambler if you are ahead you are trading" is complete nonsense.

How good at what you do does not depict what you to.

Out of interest does anybody have any statistical data on how many trades ones trading system is to be put through before it can be called profitable? taking into account statistical variance etc? (probably more so for the TA guys)

One advantage the stock market has is that trading systems can be back tested. However i would be very surprised if people actually know how many trades one must make before they know for sure the profitable.

My guess it would have to be at least 10 000 trades (does anybody have any studies done on this?)

Ipod brought up a good point, how many views will change views over the next few years, how many are just thinking of the past 10 months.

I think there is a lot of "traders" out there now that think they are profitable who will wake up one day when the markets aren't so kind realizing they were not.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.