I have only read have the thread, basically because so much of...

1. 289 Posts.
    I have only read have the thread, basically because so much of the mis information drove me a bit nuts

Anybody who thinks trading is not gambling is just stupid, or doesn't know what gambling is.

I dont care how much research, charting etc you put into a stock when you buy it you are gambling, you are taking a gamble that the management off the company is doing the right thing, reporting correctly etc. you are taking a gamble that MR Jones who owns 5 million XYZ doesnt get hit by a bus and needs to liquidate quickly, etc, etc, etc, YOU ARE GAMBLING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found quite amusing that so many people, got upset when they were questioned about "gambling with your money like that" Obviously society has a stigma about gambling (and for good reason) It appears traders have this same stigma towards trading so much that they wont even admit they are doing it.

The sooner you accept trading is gambling the better off you will be.

Dont get me wrong there is plenty of money to made, and if done properly it is +EV, but it is still gambling.

I think alot of people on this thread dont know what gambling is, and probably dont have a clue about the variance involved.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.