Here is the transcript of Greta before the UN: My message is...

1. 1,753 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 124
    Here is the transcript of Greta before the UN:

My message is that we'll be watching you?

This is all wrong. I shouldn't be up here. I should be back in school, on the other side of the ocean. Yet you all come to us young people for hope. How dare you!

You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words. And yet I'm one of the lucky ones. People are suffering. People are dying. (PROOF please)

Entire ecosystems are collapsing.(PROOF please). We are in the beginning of a mass extinction,PROOF please) and all you can talk about is money, and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. How dare you!

For more than 30 years the science has been crystal clear.(Not true, we are now in a cooling phase) How dare you continue to look away, and come here saying that you're doing enough when the politics and solutions needed are still nowhere in sight.

You say you hear us and that you understand the urgency. But no matter how sad and angry I am, I do not want to believe that. Because if you really understood the situation and still kept on failing to act, then you would be evil. And that I refuse to believe.

The popular idea of cutting our emissions in half in 10 years only gives us a 50% chance of staying below 1.5 degrees (Celsius) and the risk of setting off irreversible chain reactions beyond human control. (BIG TIME PROOF please).

Fifty percent may be acceptable to you. But those numbers do not include tipping points, most feedback loops, additional warming hidden by toxic air pollution or the aspects of equity and climate justice. They also rely on my generation sucking hundreds of billions of tons of your CO2 out of the air with technologies that barely exist.

So to sum up for you someaussie - we have hyperbole that pretends to be FACTS - all her allegations are based on models and models are only as good as the information that is fed into the computer. What Greta says is passionate, zealous, religious fervor with no basis in reality, as sadly the science is manipulated. Please give me the proofs of Greta's assertions!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.