Stolen childhood?, page-18

1. 13,811 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 690
    The 3 you cited were political creatures within their domain and in their time they were able with lies, brutality, murder, deprivation etc etc to dominate. Hitler used children for sure, and as for the other 2 I'll take your word on that. Also dissemination of honest news in those days for the public benefit was virtually.

This young girl and her world-wide cohorts are not dealing with politics though. They are dealing with earthly survival as we know it. It's all about the environment. We humans all share in its effects, as do animals and plants and all things living.

If they are right and people like you are wrong and no-one acts to reduce emissions then most of the life on earth will be adversely affected, in the main. If we lose the pollinators because of changed conditions and there was no evolutionary accommodation to allow adaptation then we'll all be stuffed I reckon.

What I cannot understand with the climate change deniers is that if they are wrong and the people in charge are of the same mind and nothing serious is done to fix the problem - or try to anyway - then it will be too late to do anything meaningful when the sh*t hits the fan. So, even if a denier, wouldn't it safer to err on the side of caution and reduce emissions etc? What would be wrong with that?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.