re: mr jones, stop being a propaganda tool Mr Jones, as much as...

1. 1,799 Posts.
    re: mr jones, stop being a propaganda tool

Mr Jones, as much as I'd prefer to be discussing Cindy Sherman rather than Cindy Sheehan, she does present as an intelligent, articulate and credible individual asking appropriate questions about mainstream media and reasons for the war against Iraq. Yes the issue here is about propaganda and that was the initial reason for my posting. However not even a word from you on media propaganda with its repeat, repeat and repeat the same old lies. Of course the lazy rote learners lap this up but an unsuspecting public get sucked in too.

I need to disagree fully with your overwhelming evidence for WMD because clearly this was not based upon intelligence but from the Lie Factory. This is fact because the real intelligence indicated quite definitely that such a war would create a full-blown "insurgency." This also explains why they were ill prepared for such an event and this point is evident today. Their next mistake, the result of a poor collective institutional memory, was the belief that insurgencies are nothing more than little rebellions by "dead-enders" or final gasps by defeated foes. The fact is that they have staying power and are a special type of conflict with deeply rooted military and political characteristics that make them excruciatingly difficult to defeat. Shock, horror this is the very picture today.

Back to Cindy Sheehan. What I find it interesting here is that Cindy Sheehan didn't get much media attention until she said the Iraq war was to protect and to benefit Israel. i.e. "My son joined the Army to protect America, not Israel." This it seems has touched a raw nerve. I wonder why and is this the noble cause?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.