Stop being racist: Steggall to Dutton, page-194

1. 18,051 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    I find often find it challenging beyond belief but it has probably helped me care a lot less about what people think. There is reflection time. And to some extent I wish I had developed some of the ability to speak my mind many years ago. I am aware I still beat around the bush - because sooo many shades of grey but surrounded by people who seem to be in no doubt it’s easy to drop into the same.

I still feel a bit crap when I slip from my view of what’s decent or kind but it has far less impact on me and in normal life, having largely stopped working in corporate i seldom encounter the challenge

I don’t find the world weird though. The project I’ve worked on most of this year has been an utter pleasure. I’ve met hardly any person who has been difficult, and it reaffirms my view that it is absolutely possible to bring people together to create something bigger than one individual and to trust the process and the people. It’s been tiring but enormous fun and can hardly wait to see it come to fruition later this year. I know there are hundreds of people in northern Tasmania who are also eagerly waiting. When you respect people, trust them and create tte right confirmation happens.

and I’ll keep believing that till the day I die despite having made at least one colossal mistake

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.