Stop being racist: Steggall to Dutton, page-264

1. 18,396 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179
    @Hingdog If you believe that any country in this world will be able to maintain a stable population under the impact of
    incessant wars,
    climate change,
    poverty and
    population growth
    then you are not being realistic. I watch world news, get news from Europe and the ever-increasing rate of illegal migrants, many from former war zones, or fleeing from poverty in Africa - (trying to scrape a living of a drying continent) or simply lured by the idiots who populate Twitter, X, Facebook with manufactured images of their looks, their lifestyle, make me realise that EVERYONE in the Third World thinks the streets are paved with gold in any Western country - and like lemmings they'll follow their dream West North and even to 'Down Under'.

The reality is there will be more people coming to Australia, too - and we need to use our land better - possibly the argument that single homes are being built in what in many cases was formerly farm land, might convince people to move 'up'.

There is only one certainty, and that is that things are changing all the time - now faster than ever.
    Another question: if you ever get an overview for a newer suburb, say here in Perth from sections of Stock Road looking out over the sea of corrugated roof tops of Hamilton Hill and Spearwood - I would say, it is not a thing of beauty to behold and we can do better than that. We are not building homes, we are building cheap sardine tins for people, which take up huge amounts of what could be arable land or pleasant public parks and gardens. I often wonder where all those university-educated architects are ending up.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.