Stop being racist: Steggall to Dutton, page-541

1. 47,990 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    @wogarlb; Peter Dutton was a poor performer under Abbott, Turnbull and Morrison. His insatiable lust for power, his attempts to ingratiate himself to a mates club in the USA and his ministerial incompetence were as apparent as a bull's appendages.

Dutton's attempted coup against Turnbull defined what he represents.

As Opposition Leader Dutton has modelled his behaviour on Tony Abbott's legendary destructive negativity - if he becomes PM his trajectory will match what happened to Abbott.

It's my assessment that Albanese has not transitioned into the role of PM at all well. He's compromised his election promises, failed to market his government's policies and treated Dutton as if he deserves to be respected. I doubt that he'll step aside to enable Labor to elect a replacement ahead of the next election in May 2025.

I therefore expect Labor to lose many seats next year, especially to the Greens and to Independents. I expect we'll have a hung Parliament and continue to stumble along as one of the western world's luckiest but most poorly led countries.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.