GGE 10.0% 0.6¢ grand gulf energy limited

Just wondering what are the general thoughts on a stop loss...

1. 113 Posts.
    Just wondering what are the general thoughts on a stop loss strategy with GGE and the pending ANN. I'd like to set mine tight, but don't trust the domino effect knocking out a bunch of stop losses in a row, and plummeting the SP even if just for a very brief period.
    Last weeks ANN (a good and very positive ANN) still dropped the GGE SP IMMEDIATELY following the re-open from 20c to 18c in a super short space of time (less than 30 seconds I think), before quickly jumping back up to 21c. It happened quickly, and I was busy checking my orders and stop losses to take full note, but I got the distinct impression afterwards of possible manipulation there somehow.

Saw a similar action with OBJ quite a few months back. Dropped through 8 levels of buyers from 42c through to 35c then back up to about the same level in less than 1 minute; in fact it could have been about 40 seconds from memory - I forget exactly - triggering stop losses en mass down the ladder and thus sending the SP to the next lower price to then trigger that level of stops.

I imagine there could be a bunch more shares under stop loss triggers than buyers at the same price in GGE at present, which to my mind could set off a similar downhill domino. I also noticed a single seller with 10,000,000 shares a week ago, sitting at 10c on the sell side. Dumping that in one hit could take out 2 lines of buyers which in turn could start further stop loss triggers down the line.

Please feel free to comment if you think I am misstating this possibility.

Just a thought ... and a caution to holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GGE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.6¢
Change
0.001(10.0%)
Mkt cap ! $11.52M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.6¢ 0.6¢ 0.6¢ $3.553K 646.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 7768472 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 730188 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.54pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GGE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.