stop losses, page-14

1. 175 Posts.
    Hi Finch2
    Yes to be fair, if your'e investing in pure undervalued stocks {ala WB methology}, then stop losses would actually go against the logic of your plan. Your reasons for selling would then be based on if fundamentals changed, rather than price action.
    Bear markets are also the best time for this type of plan, when good stocks have been totally smashed.
    ABS , coincidently was the first stock I ever bought, and it saddens me to see it where it is now. Made a small profit and was reluctant to sell when it hit my sell stop at around $7.30. Lucky I stuck to my plan though. Did re-enter once but sold soon after when I acknowledged that I bought on emotion rather than my entry plan. Lucky again!
    Still believe in ABS but will wait . will also wait to enter HVN later in the year when I believe the s#!t hits the fan with our economy.
    There will be a changing of the guard eventually , and the Warren Buffet Way will once again prove superior !
    Best to work with the market rather than trying to outsmart it I think.
    But having said that, its all up to what suits each individual investor. Main thing is, to HAVE a PLAN and sticking to it.
    HDR {hardman} .. that was a great one for me also, the only spec in my portfolio at the time , 19c to 206 in less than a month of holding { sorry one of 2 specs, IDL was the other at14c}.
    Great to share thoughts with you guys as its useful to keep us focused.

Cheers

PS , my nic.. I See Red {great Split endz song when played very loud whilst driving very fast} is a reminder for me to remember to manage risk , espec. when the Bulls are running! Hahahahahaha

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.