You do wonder about the actual Immigration Officers who decide...

1. 1,046 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    You do wonder about the actual Immigration Officers who decide who comes in & who doesn't - do they only have Muslims interviewing Muslims etc because it makes it easy with the language barrier & if so then you would think there is no way they would insist to their own that they must be willing to change or embrace our culture in applying to come & live here - am sure they would be overly lenient with mentioning that in case it offends them...then this just leads to more misunderstanding down the road?

One problem is too easy access through our front door - it is surely not reinforced enough to applicants they must actually abide by Australian laws so they shrug that off plus how far do they go to properly determine if the applicants have a real desire to integrate & understand our way of life especially with Sharia law not acceptable in any form here or do they just skip over that in the interview so as not to insult them? You do meet Muslims who have totally embraced the relaxed lifestyle we offer here (welcome!) but I'd bet a high percentage have no intention of ever complying & once they set up their mosques in an area it gets totally taken over to the point they exclude us from some of our nice areas too even local beaches (have experienced this on the Gold Coast). We can't have an actual lie detector at the front door as such but a true blue Aussie equipped with an astute BS indicator would likely work better assessing genuine people who would assimilate well with us than the system we are using now which is broken!

Another aspect that needs fixing is the complete rorting of Centrelink payments & know our own are guilty of this too but in this instance a friends daughter working in a chicken shop was being given a hard time by a group of women dressed in long black burqas all arguing with her that the chicken said $11.99 kg & they would not pay a cent over that so she had to chop a chicken breast in half just to ensure it exactly met 1kg - then one of them dropped her purse over the counter & a whole bunch of Centrelink cards scattered everywhere & as she picked them up she realised the same face picture was on them but all in numerous names so she was probably collecting at least 6 lots of benefits as are probably the rest of the group each as well - a big reason not to allow a total face covering! Australia could save an obscene amount of millions here but have only started implementing a catch out plan in the last few years but could have been a lot quicker off the mark - probably only Biometrics may resolve this rort?

Sorry if I appear anti Muslim with my comments as such when I'm really not - all my friends grew up under different religions & me none & when we all get together none of us vilify each other for not believing in what each other thinks (can just civilly agree to disagree - just like on the subject of fluoride added to our water ha?) & it is more minorities of people spread amongst numerous cults & religions out there wanting to control other peoples headspace that are the problem for the mainstream public who just want peace & to make our own choices while respecting others to do same but without hurting other people of course....
    Anyway......have had my say though not sure if the heading suits?
    Last edited by katy28: 19/09/14

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.