NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

For what it's worth......... I sold NCM on the morning of first...

1. 1,035 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 94
    For what it's worth......... I sold NCM on the morning of first trade after the event only because I had bought less than a week before and needed to keep the $'s working. NCM is a good company, they will come back and I will buy again. The reality at the moment is they're production costs are through the roof. They're trucking and processing low grade ore just to keep the plant running and generating some cash flow. They say that FY18 will be ok and I believe that to be the case but the next month or so could see the sp go south a bit more as they have a lot of money to spend (in repairs) and hoops to jump through with the authorities. It will all be ok though because they are clever people (and have a lot invested in Cadia)......... this seen by the carefull use of words in ANN's following the event. I was surprised at how long it took for the gravity of the situation to filter through........ If you've been in for a while I'd stay because when they do get it sorted they'll be wanting to make good the losses and I think they'll continue with moves to increase mill production to much higher levels. Do your own research but for me I'll go back to NCM in a month or so when SP is maybe around $17 but with the AU price it may hang on???? Who can know..........

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.