storm crime & punishment

1. 3,298 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    Whilst I don't condone breaches of rules & accept that Melbourne Storm needs to be punished in some way, the NRL Administrators may have applied a punishment to Melbourne Storm that does it fact harm the overall game. Many AFL supporters including myself do attend & enjoy watching Melbourne Storm play in Melbourne occassionally. Also I suspect the top interstate teams enjoyed playing Melbourne because they have the ability to attract crowds & spectators to the sport through television. Golf struggled without Tiger Woods & NRL might experience a similiar drop off that affects all clubs & not just Melbourne. Given this season has no purpose for any Storm follower, it is only going to drive supporters away from NRL ever building any real presence in Melbourne. Sure Melbourne Storm should suffer financial loss & may be some points deduction, but to kill their current season in total is a very poor decision on behalf of the NRL if they are serious about having a presence in Victoria (Melbourne).
    Being at the game last Monday Night against Manly & seeing their first half makes me wonder whether some players may have already been aware of the problems that have since emerged. They certainly lack the normal passion & commitment of a Melbourne Storm team at home.
    Let's hope NRL hasn't been killed off in Melbourne due to an over reaction to the wrong doing of certain officials involved at Melbourne Storm, after all its about the game not inappropriate administration.
    Regards
    Buffett

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.