I live in Townsville, have been to the Manny Casimatis intro and...

1. 47,086 Posts.
    I live in Townsville, have been to the Manny Casimatis intro and know some victims. One of the widows speaking to the camera is a friend of my wife and she is trying to help keep her spirits up. But it ain't easy! It seems both her daughters are losing their houses too.

But as usual 60 minutes attacked this story from having come to a conclusion and then setting out to "prove" it.

Manny thought he had found the holy grail and was sharing it with his clients. The fact that he could make millions while doing so was OK too, but I do not believe he set out to defraud as Madoff did. His powerpoint presentation used all the data since the Great Depression to support his theory. He is not the only one who didn't see another depression coming.

Don't get me wrong. I have come to bury Manny, not to praise him! LOL He deserves no more compassion than the rogues and vagabonds who have brought the world to it's knees. He and his clients made the error of believing in alchemy.

As with Opes Prime, there is a bank in there with it's grubby hands in the mix. I'm thinking of the Comm Bank coward who had an easy life taking the loan apps from the Storm HQ 500 mtrs down the road and being a big-shot but who has now scurried to hide behind the Company wall.

He has not helped his cause by appearing unshaven for the last month nor by pulling $2mil salary just before the collapse. Just another of life's "wouldabeens".

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.