NEU 0.00% $17.09 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

Story about Trof trial, page-4

1. 357 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 113
    I'd take the particular claims - "Some of them even had their voices come back" - with a huge dose of salt. But your wider point is valid: positive word of mouth is likely driving a surge in enrollment.

It seems to me that the trial has morphed. Initially it was about safety and side effects, with efficacy necessarily a secondary concern in a phase 2 trial. But the additional enrollments are all at the highest dose (or placebo). That suggests safety is no longer a significant concern. The trial is double-blind, but safety and toxicity would be monitored throughout by a separate committee. This committee must have given the green light for maximum-dose v placebo for all new enrollments. And that suggest the objective of the extension is really about efficacy, to give the best possible chance to record a statistically significant difference between drug and placebo.

This is important. I'd imagine there would be a significant placebo effect in a trial like this; the parents invest so much hope in a trial like this. So congratulations to the company for being agile and flexible enough to extend the trial in such a way that gives it the best chance of demonstrating efficacy.

Doesn't mean the drug works, but they're giving it the best chance to demonstrate if it does or not.

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.09
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.184B
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 582 $17.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.00 1600 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.36pm 07/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.