CTP 4.00% 4.8¢ central petroleum limited

bahar, dont forget JH has a BRR interview tomorrow and there are...

1. 609 Posts.
    bahar, dont forget JH has a BRR interview tomorrow and there are other announcements due. The depth also speaks for itself though as we all know that can change in the blink of an eye and anything can happen.

In regards to the comments about the ann being a catalyst, would have to agree t4p, that the announcement was part of a "wider green light" on the stock though, the increased traffic caused by the announcement (or specific word in the ann) is what caused such a high level of liquidity expansion - the highest to date.

This ann is only an increase in speculative potential released to market via a different method to the norm which in turn has lit everyones eyes up - it's not an operational breakthrough as nothing from an operational perspective has changed at all in the past few weeks or even months.

I'd bet my left one that should the announcement have come out as "technical note, hector trend" with no statement of the actual "2000 mmbls" resource potential in the title it once again would have fallen on deaf ears - just like the rest of them. All it took was the word "2000 mmbls" and whole new array of potential investors finally woke up.

All someone has to do to see this is go back and track every single significant resource ann inclusive of technical notes and see what SP movement happened on that day - Minimal. If the Horn Valley Siltstone ann came out with a title "10 billion bbls" we would have seen the movement back then probably to a much greater extent, but the HVS play needs alot of work to be proven.

The above being said, I'm aware many large buyers have been sitting on the sidelines of this one waiting for the Blamore spud to be announced to market before taking a position. The announcement that was released may have caught them off guard and provoked many to enter asap to prevent themselves being locked out further due to the speed of which the announcement was absorbed by the broader market.

Anyway the above is generally irrelevant, on another note;

Its been clear knowledge for quite some time that CTP have been sitting on potential mammoth resources and, they have been very transparent from the beginning with numerous technical notes, assessments, presentations and market releases. There is no stock out of any listed junior I'm aware of that can be utilised as an efficient comparison to Central, nor do I believe there will be an upcoming one in the near future. The fundamentals have always been compelling and, much of the best news is yet to come.

jdowflick - definitely have to agree with you regarding the 'actual' risk profile for the company. CTP has a first class geo team, they have over 200 prospects and leads - and have chosen the initial wells such as blamore and simpson for a reason. Keeping in mind the last few wells drilled we're drilled on poor seismic and a poor understanding of the complexities of the basin. The modern seismic thats been processed by the company should not be underestimated in the impact towards increasing commercial success rates - however 30 days from now we'll find out.

If one were to go thorough old announcements and see the "claims" made by CTP in regards to possible geological formations, then cross reference this to some of the results of the seismic program thats been completed to date - its clearly evident that these are not just "light claims", they are being given seismic credibility and drilling is the next and most critical step in substantiating the potential.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the coming days but regardless of shareprice movement, up or down, the fundamentals are only strengthened for the longer term.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
-0.002(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $35.52M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.8¢ 4.8¢ 4.8¢ $7.2K 150K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 15249 4.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.0¢ 6642 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.17am 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.