CTP 4.17% 5.0¢ central petroleum limited

strange beast the market, page-2

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    jdcowflick...

I did not suggest the "comparisons" were the reason the stock took off, just thet they were interring given the recent activity.

Please refer to my first post on this stock (spelling and typos corrected to make it easier to understand), to understand my views on the stock at this point in time...

Post #: 2910530
    In Reply to msg: #2910494

IP: 124.180.xxx.xxx
    Sentiment: Buy
    Disclosure: Stock Held
    Views: 1053

This looks very good...

Has been set up for this in my opinion, with rights issue, bond exercise, etc.

Now they release, what really is a somewhat arbitrary announcement in terms of release timing...and the stock is off.

Clearly, the green light has been switched on here...the late clean out of stock an indication they will push it for all its worth.

Just a small bundle for me...but happy to ride their coat tails.

Not putting an upper level on this...as on a peer comparative basis, it could literally do anything.

Look to SXP, MPO...etc for what the market thinks of CSM...then look no further than any oil/gas stock to see what the market might do with the rest of their assets.

Seems cheap...probably is.

Good luck all.

Cheers!

As you can see...I do not believe the run on the stock was caused by the announcement...rather, the announcement was part of a wider green light on the stock!

Corporate/fundamental incentive here as I see it...which is why I bought now and not at any time earlier.

The NDO comparison was more about a similar "green light" status being triggered at a corporate/fundamental level, the flag for which came to the market in the form of the Palawan potential oil in place announcement.

Same basic scenario in my view...neither of which relate to direct asset measures.

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.002(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $37.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 5.1¢ 4.7¢ $44.05K 911.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 20000 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 164625 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.01pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.