ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

strange bedfellows

1. 1,077 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Strange bedfellows.

It seems to me ironic how farmers are now being portrayed as the new green. I?m not having a go (ok maybe I am) but would like to point out if farmers are so worried about the chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing, don?t go poking around the average farm shed because the industry is very heavily dependent on chemicals and fossil fuels for the production of food. (Eastern Star Gas is not using hydraulic fracturing to recover gas) I also find it funny that so many groups including the Greens and ABC are willing to go into bat on behalf of an industry who claim the land as theirs, I?m sure the first Australians might have something to say about that.
    A lot of farmland in times past was cleared for grazing by attaching large chains behind two massive bulldozers and letting rip, everything caught in the way was levelled, not only that some farmers went ballistic before changes came in into law to stop the practice. Another complaint I hear is they claim not to have known that?s what?s underground isn?t theirs, personally I don?t believe this and would have thought it a well known fact in farming, anyone unlucky enough to have been in front of a judge and tried to use this excuse will be told, ignorance of the law is not defendable.
    One of the many reasons why what?s below remains property of the Crown is so that governments or councils can run services for the betterment of the larger community in the ground. Can only imagine what it would be like if farmers tried to stop the rollout of the NBN, electrical lines, water mains, or dare I even suggest gas lines, unlike what was shown in Gas Land - Eastern Star Gas is not running its pipes above ground. Would also be interested to know the equivalent amount of wind turbines it would take to equal one gas well, as the last scene of the film shows a large number, so I conclude that the filmmaker is trying to put forward his version of an alternative energy source, I can?t imagine the average farmer enjoying thousands of wind turbines across their property or the construction required to achieve such an outcome. Personally I?d be happy if the government used the money it will generate from coal seam gas to transition to a greener future, and maybe it would be helpful to the environment if we all become vegetarians, as sheep and cattle farming has been identified as a large admitters of CO 2, but that wouldn?t be good for farmers now would it.

Kind regards Monkeyboy.

Ps, I?m off to have a salad.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.