HIO 0.00% 2.8¢ hawsons iron ltd

Thanks Thanks for the insight @Martyac and @Pyroxene . And...

1. 10 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Thanks
    Thanks for the insight @Martyac and @Pyroxene . And forgive my ignorance but if i can pick your brains, i have a couple of questions...

1. So you're telling me the supergrade Fe 70% was just marketing and they are not actually sitting on top of high grade ore? I thought that Broken Hill was special that had 'super' grade iron ore reserve, but what I'm trying to undertand is ... if not then, at least is Broken Hill mine an investible one if you were a mining or a steel company like BHP or ArcelorMittal?

2. What'll be the endgame for HIO when they finally admit the project's not viable for the reasons you mentioned? i guess HIO will want to a JV partner with deep pockets/the knowhow to lift the project off the ground, but what happens if nobody wants to partner with HIO? Does that mean the only asset (and thank god at least HIO don't have big financial liabilities like debt) HIO will be left holding at the end will be the mining rights right? Will this have any value that can be sold as an asset if they liquidate their business (Their mining lease is like 20years no?)? Or will the big boys (or girls) like RIO, Fortescue, BHP and Hancock wait and takeover HIO at a cheap price?

3. And I know this is a HIO dicussion board but are there any other iron ore projects that you see promising (especially for an iron ore mining company)?

Actually the story made so much sense with ESG and green steel etc for HIO and was so looking forward to investing in HIO but learned a lot from this forum, so thanks again (and to all in this forum)!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HIO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $28.25M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.8¢ 2.9¢ 2.7¢ $15.02K 542.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 203804 2.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.9¢ 198886 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.44pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HIO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.