HIO 4.55% 2.3¢ hawsons iron ltd

Strategic Delusion. In-situ grade not scale the first priority. Catch 22?, page-53

1. 703 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 188
    Not at all sure of that. The spare rail capacity to Pirie, Augusta or Whyalla is 12Mtpa, MGT are recently making very promising announcements - increasing quality and quantity and entering MOU with Whyalla ports. Whilst we HIO are going backwards.
    So who is going to be accessing that rail capacity first?
    Speaking to BG last Monday he did not want to discuss releasing our Strat Plan but wanted me to ask any other questions so the two that came to mind were...
    1) What is the jetty length required at Myponie Point to get to deep water? Ans: 3km! I should have followed this up with what size vessel will that facilitate but didn't.
    2) What my follow up was... How will HIO get product to ships out 3km? Ans: Conveyor, no loaded vehicle access. My comment to this is that is hardly a multi use deep water port so HIO will have to carry the whole cost of the 3km jetty CapEx and OpEx unless someone like Flinders Ports upgrades beyond an ore conveyor.
    The Board have considered the Strat Plan and decided on sticking with Slurry pipeline and Myponie Port despite reducing production target to 11Mtpa. Seems to me we are very much on our own with that despite flagging co-operation with others in the snippets of the Strat Plan they have referenced and opined on.
    We (holders) cannot make informed decisions if we do not have reasonable access to company Strategy - we do not! I form the supposition from BG intransigence in that phonecall that Strat Review did not sort much out at all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HIO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.3¢
Change
0.001(4.55%)
Mkt cap ! $23.37M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.3¢ 2.3¢ 2.2¢ $4.947K 215.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1987231 2.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.3¢ 337731 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HIO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.