SOR 0.00% 5.0¢ strategic elements limited

STRATEGIC ELEMENTS (SOR), what's everyone's thoughts.?, page-2

1. 10,990 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1789
    Lots of potential.

But then they've had lots of potential since listing in 2011 and to date have only taken one project through to completion, the Behemoth project which was a failure.

They started out with a series of rare earth exploration/prospecting permits and after a few years ditched all except for West Wanganui, which in 2016 was converted from a prospecting permit to an exploration permit, now known as Golden Blocks and focused 100% on gold.

Their first technology foray came in 2015 when they acquired the rights to the nanocube memory ink project from UNSW.

Since 2011 to now a range of other projects have come and gone but the projects they have on board now look very exciting.

They have a number of subsidiaries each with their own area of focus. Current subsidiaries and their projects:

Strategic Materials:

- Golden Blocks exploration permit in New Zealand

Maria Resources:

- Behemoth exploration permit seeking potential meteor impact related minerals
    - Leviathan exploration permit with a previously undetected gravity anomaly
    - 6 other exploration permits in the Officer Basin, Western Australia, one granted and 5 recently applied for

Australian Advanced Materials (AAM):

- Nanocube memory ink (ReRAM) a printed, flexible and transparent memory ink
    - Self-charging printed battery
    - Neuromorphic nanocube ink, an extension of the nanocube memory ink technology focusing on the potential for the tech to perform computations and well as store data in the one device

Stealth Technologies:

- The Autonomous Security Vehicle (A$V) project in collaboration with Honeywell currently undergoing final testing at Eastern Goldfields Regional Prison in Western Australia
    - 3D weed mapping project for use on combine harvesters in agricultural settings awaiting test results

Of the above the Golden Blocks project has uncovered fantastic grades at the Aorangi mine however further exploration, ie underground drilling program, has been hindered by lengthy access/environmental approval delays.

The memory ink finally produced a working demonstrator application with a presentation at the end of January 2020 however further promotion of that tech was hampered by the travel restrictions due to COVID-19. One advantage of that delay is that AAM has continued to work on the tech looking at additional uses thus advancing the neuromorphic aspect which is a great achievement.

The A$V looks to be a great opportunity although the final testing, to my mind, seems to be taking longer than I would have expected. I can only assume that the testing is waiting to include performance during summer heat/rains hence the testing still continuing.

The self-charging battery ink looks VERY exciting and would work very well in conjunction with the nanocube tech along with other applications if it's promise is fulfilled.

SOR is very good at not just sourcing and promoting projects but also at seeking out various government grants to minimise cash burn/share dilution.

In the past the company has tended to be very hot and cold with their updates leading some to accuse them of only releasing news when funding is needed. Whilst I have found that news does increase when funding is being sought I have found that there are other times of heightened news flow unrelated to capital raisings thus I don't subscribe entirely to that view. The last six months has seen the culmination of a number of their projects resulting in regular updates with more updates expect this month and onwards.

All in all with the projects in place and the expected news flow to come this appears to be a very exciting time to be invested in SOR.

Disclaimer: I have held SOR since a few months after listing and have traded it from time to time resulting in my holdings being entirely free carried.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $22.34M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.0¢ 5.0¢ $500 10K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 153776 4.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.9¢ 18000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.08am 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.